Calling Gunnedah Businesses to be part of Youth Expo
We invite you to 2022 Gunnedah Youth Expo to be held on Wednesday, March 30, 2022 at the Gunnedah Town Hall from 10am – 1pm.
The Gunnedah Youth Expo was very successful in 2021, featuring 30 exhibitors including tertiary education providers, health and community services and local businesses. Thank you for making this possible.
More than 250 young people visited the Expo, which is a joint initiative of Gunnedah Shire Council, Gunnedah Youth Interagency and NSW Youth Week.
If you would like to register to be part of the event please complete the online form: https://gsc2380.wufoo.com/forms/2022-youth-expo-stall-holder-registration-form/ by Friday 25 March 2022 at 5pm.
Exhibiting at the Youth Expo is FREE and a trestle table and two chairs will be provided. Powered stalls are available on request.
Please note we require Working With Children Check (WWCC) number and a copy of your Public Liability Insurance.
Youth Expo is the highlight event of Youth Week in Gunnedah Shire. The aim of NSW Youth Week is to celebrate young people and the contributions they make to their local communities. NSW Youth Week 2022 will run from 4 -14 April 2022. The theme for 2022 is ‘It’s up to YOU’th’.
Skills and Training Working Group Seeking Additional Community Representatives
Due to overwhelming community interest Council are seeking interest for Community Interest we have reopened applications for the Skills and Training Working Group. The new Skills and Training Working Group aims to build the Shire’s skills base and provide more local training opportunities.
The working group will facilitate greater collaboration between employers, vocational education providers and government, advocating for the communities skills and training needs.
Gunnedah Shire Mayor Jamie Chaffey, Deputy Rob Hooke and Councillor Colleen Fuller have been nominated as Council’s representatives. They will be joined by several community representatives, including two from Gunnedah TAFE and two members of the Gunnedah Chamber of Commerce.
Council is currently seeking additional nominations for business and community representatives.
Representatives will be required to attend working group meetings held on the second Tuesday of each month at 3.00pm at the Gunnedah Shire Council Chambers in Elgin Street.
Applications for business representatives close at 5pm on Friday, December 4. The application form can be found here.
Jam-packed Small Business Month with special Mia Freedman presentation
Gunnedah is getting ready for a big NSW Small Business Month, with a full program of activities to help the Shire’s small businesses grow. The 2020 NSW Small Business Month themes that are designed to help businesses reboot, upskill and look to the future.
Gunnedah’s Small Business Month events are:
- Introduction to Fundraising in the Arts on Wednesday, October 7 at 6.30pm at the Creative Arts Centre, Chandos Street.
- The 2 Rivers Business Basics Workshop on Thursday, October 8 at 10am at the Creative Arts Centre.
- Mindful Branding Presentation b on Thursday, October 8 at 6pm at the Creative Arts Centre.
- Xero Basics for Small Business on Monday, October 12 at 5.30pm at the Creative Arts Centre.
- Get Shiny on Socials – on Tuesday, October 13 at 5.30pm at the Creative Arts Centre.
- Funding Fundamentals on Wednesday, October 14 at 5.30pm via Zoom.
- Xero Advanced for Small Business October 19 at 5.30pm at the Creative Arts Centre.
- Get Shiny on Socials – October 20 at 5.30pm at the Creative Arts Centre.
- Get Shiny on Socials – Tuesday, October 27 at 5.30pm at the Creative Arts Centre.
- Friday Night with Mia Freedman – October 30 at 6pm.
Small Business Webinar Series – ATO
The Australian Taxation Office have split their current free small business webinar series into different session topics that cover both general and industry-specific areas of tax obligations. Each session runs for approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
These sessions are of interest if you:
- are starting a new business or just thinking about starting one
- want to update your knowledge
- work in any of the industry-specific areas advertised.
Click here to view the full series and select the topic you’re interested in.