Huge response to Business Partner Program street beautification round
Gunnedah Shire Council’s Business Partner Program recent round aimed at street beautification has proven a runaway success, with 45 local businesses and organisations approved for funding.
As part of the Invigorate Gunnedah – COVID-19 Business Recovery Package, Council supported a plan to bring vibrancy back into the CBD and build business resilience.
Chair of the Business Partner Program Advisory Group Cr Ann Luke said this round of the super-charged 2020 program was aimed at street beautification through the support of signage and façade upgrades.
“We are very excited about the number and the quality of submissions for this round of the Business Partner Program,” Cr Luke said.
“It is wonderful to see so many businesses and organisations confident in their future, and the successful submissions showed a clear economic or employment benefit for our Shire.
“Local signage businesses are also winners as the funds required use of local contractors where possible, keeping the dollars in town with close to $112,000 in total project costs.
“Gunnedah Shire Council’s total contribution of $40,506 will go towards improved signage, shopfronts and generally making our streets more inviting and appealing. It is a great way to meet the needs of our businesses and improve the look of our Shire. The total of
“I really look forward to seeing the results of this round of the Business Partner Program.”
The successful businesses and organisations in the signage and façade round of the Business Partner Program were:
Blush & Bloom Skin and Beauty, Sunburnt Treasures, Harvest Lodge Motel, Stacey McAllan Legal, Gracia Rose, W A Baxter & Co Pty Ltd Solicitors, Gunnedah Locksmiths, Carwash 2380, Goodness & Gracious, The Verdict Coffee, Kez’s Café, Ricky Graham Fitness, Col Nelson Motorcycles, Enchanted on Conadilly, Second Edition Bookstore, Robertson Real Estate Gunnedah, Gunnedah Workshop Enterprises Ltd, Eat Street Asia, 4eva Keepsakes, Stewart Surveys Pty Ltd, Gunnedah Shire Band, Crest Financial Services Pty Ltd, Mpowered Health and Wellness, Valley Fasteners, Co-operative Businesses @ 203 Conadilly Street, Hartley’s Electrical, Lakeford Real Estate, GB Auto Group Pty Ltd, The OBG Co Pty Ltd, Jobs Australia Enterprises, Thub Thim Thai, Parkview Hotel, Turner Cycle Shop, The Barbers Way, Raw Confetti, Chan Supa Thai Massage and Day Spa, MDH Haulage Pty Ltd, Gunnedah Meals on Wheels Association, Soul Hair Studio, BTS Blinds & Awnings, Gunnible Pastoral Company Pty Ltd, SE Michel and Co Pty Ltd, Downtown Serviced Apartments, Impact Solutions Pty Ltd and Ray White Fleming & Ross.
ATO Webinar Series
Local businesses can now register to attend free Australian Tax Office (ATO) Small Business Webinars.
The webinars will run for an hour from 12pm to 1pm each Wednesday from October through early December:
- 7/10/2020 – Starting a Small Business – register here
- 14/10/2020 – Running a Home-Based Business – register here
- 21/10/2020 – Budgeting for Your Commitments – register here
- 28/10/2020 – Cash Flow for Small Business Success – register here
- 4/11/2020 – Digital Options for Your Small Business – register here
- 11/11/2020 – Tax Support for Small Business – register here
- 18/11/2020 – Considering your small business viability – register here
- 25/11/2020 – Closing Your Small Business – register here
- 2/12/2020 – Hospitality: Recording Expenses (GST) – register here
- 9/12/2020 – Hospitality: Recording Income (GST) – register here
Business Partner Program Round Two NOW OPEN
This year the Business Partner Program has received a significant funding boost, with an additional allocation of $200,000 through Gunnedah Shire Council’s Community Resilience Business Recovery Package – Invigorate Gunnedah.
business owners will need to show:
- Opportunity, need or demand for the project,
- Employment generation,
- Capacity and experience to undertake the project including marketing/promotional plans and any required approvals, and
- Commitment, capacity and plans to continue the initiative, if successful, without further support from Gunnedah Shire Council.
To apply, head to https://gunnedah.smartygrants.com.au/BPP2021R2
Applications close at midday on October 30.
Jam-packed Small Business Month with special Mia Freedman presentation
Gunnedah is getting ready for a big NSW Small Business Month, with a full program of activities to help the Shire’s small businesses grow. The 2020 NSW Small Business Month themes that are designed to help businesses reboot, upskill and look to the future.
Gunnedah’s Small Business Month events are:
- Introduction to Fundraising in the Arts on Wednesday, October 7 at 6.30pm at the Creative Arts Centre, Chandos Street.
- The 2 Rivers Business Basics Workshop on Thursday, October 8 at 10am at the Creative Arts Centre.
- Mindful Branding Presentation b on Thursday, October 8 at 6pm at the Creative Arts Centre.
- Xero Basics for Small Business on Monday, October 12 at 5.30pm at the Creative Arts Centre.
- Get Shiny on Socials – on Tuesday, October 13 at 5.30pm at the Creative Arts Centre.
- Funding Fundamentals on Wednesday, October 14 at 5.30pm via Zoom.
- Xero Advanced for Small Business October 19 at 5.30pm at the Creative Arts Centre.
- Get Shiny on Socials – October 20 at 5.30pm at the Creative Arts Centre.
- Get Shiny on Socials – Tuesday, October 27 at 5.30pm at the Creative Arts Centre.
- Friday Night with Mia Freedman – October 30 at 6pm.
Small Business Webinar Series – ATO
The Australian Taxation Office have split their current free small business webinar series into different session topics that cover both general and industry-specific areas of tax obligations. Each session runs for approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
These sessions are of interest if you:
- are starting a new business or just thinking about starting one
- want to update your knowledge
- work in any of the industry-specific areas advertised.
Click here to view the full series and select the topic you’re interested in.