ACCOMMODATION SUPPORT GRANT GOES LIVE
Hotels and accommodation providers across the State who experienced cancellations as a result of COVID-19 restrictions, can now access additional financial support, thanks to the Accommodation Support Grant going live .
The Grant provides a one-off lump sum payment to businesses which faced a significant loss of income during the winter school holidays.
The funding forms part of a suite of economic support measures for businesses.
Eligible applicants will be required to show booking cancellations between Friday 25 June and Sunday 11 July inclusive as a result of the lockdown restrictions.
Two different grant amounts will be available:
• $2,000 for cancellations of 10 nights or less
• $5,000 for cancellations of 11 nights or more
Accommodation providers can apply for the grants via the Service NSW website.
One application can be made for each eligible accommodation premises belonging to a larger chain. Approved applications will receive the one-off payment to their bank account as quickly as possible.
For more information and how to apply visit COVID-19 | NSW Government
COVID-19 Business Support
The NSW Government have introduced a recovery package with financial assistance, support measures and tax relief to help businesses and people across the state impacted by the current COVID-19 restrictions.
The business grants program has been expanded, with grants between $7,500 and $15,000 available to eligible businesses with annual wages up to $10 million.
A new grant program has also been introduced for smaller micro businesses with turnover between $30,000 and $75,000.
Targeted support will enable eligible accommodation premises that have lost room nights during the recent school holidays to apply for grants of up to $5,000.
For more information and to find out if your business is eligible, visit https://bit.ly/3hTGcOd
Energy Efficient Communities Program – Business Stream – High Energy Using Grant
Business Stream – High Energy Using Business Grants opened for applications today and closes on 24 September 2020.
This grant opportunity is for high energy using businesses with an annual net energy consumption of more than 0.05 PJ per year.
The objectives of this grant opportunity are to support high energy using businesses to:
- replace existing equipment with higher efficiency equipment
- install or replace a component/s to help an existing system run more efficiently
- carry out energy audits
- carry out monitoring of energy usage and emissions
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are:
- reduced energy consumption leading to reduced greenhouse gas emissions from high energy using businesses
- increased awareness amongst high energy using business owners on how to improve their energy efficiency
- reduced energy costs for businesses
Invigorate Gunnedah supporting recovery in the wake of COVID-19
Gunnedah Shire Council is moving to the second phase of its economic response to COVID-19, with the introduction of the Community Resilience Business Recovery Package – Invigorate Gunnedah.
Endorsed by Council at the July Ordinary Meeting, the second phase of the package, valued at more than $800,000, incorporates a range of community and business initiatives to support recovery, rebuilding and revitalisation throughout the Gunnedah Shire.
The recovery package is centered upon six key objectives, including:
- Support local spending,
- Bring vibrancy back into the CBD,
- Strengthen our businesses and encourage resilience,
- Grow our tourism sector in Gunnedah Shire,
- Promote Gunnedah as the first choice to live, work and invest, and
- Drive local infrastructure projects to create more jobs.
Each objective will be achieved through a number of initiatives and strategies, to be rolled out in the coming weeks.
For further information about these initiatives and Gunnedah Shire Council’s broader COVID-19 response, visit www.gunnedah.nsw.gov.au